Adding Client Notes
Notes are helpful. Whether they are progress notes, SOAP or DAP notes, or just helpful tips you'd like to track. Regardless of what the note says, they are only accessible to users of providers. Clients do not have access to notes entered. This article will walk you through the process of viewing and adding notes.
Applicable User Permissions
Check your user permissions by going to the Users Menu Option in the System Navigation Side Bar.
Checking the Hide Create Client Note Button will remove the button which allows for adding new notes to a client's record from the UI thus preventing a user from being able to use the functionality.
Checking the Hide Delete Client Note Button will remove the ability for the user to delte any notes that have already been added.
When checked, the user will not be able to add notes or delete notes.
1. Once logged into ARMS navigate to the top left of your screen and select the menu button to open the side menu and click 'Clients' to access your permissioned list of clients.
2. Left click once on the client you would like to make a note or view the notes for. The menu will slide into the view on the right side of your screen.
Clicking 1 time will slide open the client details section. Click the client again to close this menu.
3. In the client details section click on 'Notes' tab to access client notes.
Any notes that have already been stored for the client will appear below the [+ Note] button.
Each note will have a time stamp and a name so you know who made the note and when.
The note above was created on July 31st, 2019 at 12:37 PM by the user "Master Application".
4. To add a new note, click inside the text area field and type your note. Click the [+ Note] button to save the note and add it to the client details menu.
Deleting Client Notes
1. Follow the steps listed above to access the client details section and open the client notes tab.
2. Locate the note that you wish to remove from the client's record and click the "x" button immediately to the right of the text in the note.
3. The system will alert you that you are about to delete a client note. If this was a mistake, click the [Cancel] button. If you do desire to delete the note click the [Sure!] button.
If you do decide to delete a client note, there is no way to recover the information. Be sure you are removing the correct note to avoid data loss